A 6-month-old intact male boxer presented 2 hours after rodenticide ingestion.
History. The owner brought in a packet of what she called "D-con." The pellets are small, blue-green in color, and have a slightly waxy texture. According to the owner, the dog ingested one 0.75-oz packet of the pellets. The owner had attempted to induce emesis with hydrogen peroxide but was unsuccessful.
Examination. The 40-pound puppy is bright, alert, and responsive. Vital signs are normal. No significant abnormalities are found on physical examination.