In this episode, host Beckie Mossor, RVT, talks to Erin Aufox, DVM, DACVD, about her Clinician’s Brief article, “Acute Moist Dermatitis.” Dr. Aufox lays out a plan for how to assess these lesions, relying on our examination and basic dermatology diagnostics. She shares the characteristics that differentiate a “hot spot” from something deeper like furunculosis, and she covers the underlying causes we need to consider. Dr. Aufox also emphasizes some of the current best practices when it comes to therapy.
Where to find us:
- Twitter: @cliniciansbrief
- Instagram: @clinicians.brief
- Beckie Mossor, RVT - Host
- Alexis Ussery - Producer & Digital Content Coordinator
- Randall Stupka - Podcast Production & Sound Editing
- Michelle Munkres - Senior Director of Content